The CASE District V Board created the Venture Fund in 2014 as a means to support fresh and innovative programming ideas. The Venture Fund supports professional development and networking opportunities organized by advancement professionals at member institutions.
The Venture Fund
- A total of $50,000 is available for granting in 2017.
- Applications are reviewed bi-annually by a committee made up of advancement professionals from the district.
- Grants of $500 to $5,000 are available.
- The 1st application deadline this year is February 15, 2017 with funding available NET April 15, 2017.
- The 2nd application deadline this year is August 15, 2017 with funding available NET October 15, 2017.
Why professional development?
- Invest in yourself and in your colleagues.
- In tight economic times, this is a benefit that you can provide to your staff even if you can’t offer raises or promotions. Retain your best people!
- Good programs mean you and your colleagues will be doing better work.
- Professional development offers an opportunity to refresh yourself and think bigger thoughts. Recharge your batteries!
- Grow our network of colleagues and ultimately enhance our annual round-table discussions.
- Provide much-needed training at a time when the Advancement field faces the challenges of a new financial landscape and more informed and deliberate donor behaviors.
- Offer a specific and valuable training opportunity at minimal cost in a local area where lengthy travel is often required for staff development.
Consider the possibilities
- Do you want to create a networking group of advancement professionals at other institutions, but lack funding to get it off the ground?
- Have you and a few colleagues wanted to bring in a nationally recognized speaker for a cross-institution professional development program, but lacked the resources to make it happen?
- Have you wanted to hold a mini-conference on a topic that isn’t covered at the annual district conferences?
The Venture Fund grant process
- Review the award criteria listed below
- Complete the on-line application NLT the published deadline
- Applications are reviewed by the Venture Fund Committee and presented to the District V Executive Committee for final approval
- Grant recipients contacted and awards announced
- Grant recipients will market their activities independently of CASE
- Grant recipients will recognize the support from the CASE V Venture Fund in all of their marketing materials for this activity.
- Grant recipients will complete their activity within 12 months of notification of award
- Within 30 days of the activity, grant recipients will submit a written final report. See below for more details
- Grant payment will be made to the sponsoring institution after receipt and approval of the final report
- Any net revenue (profit) generated through this activity will be returned to CASE V for reinvestment in the Venture Fund
- Successful applications will most likely meet some of the following criteria:
- Impact on a number of CASE V professionals
- Collaboration of CASE V member institutions
- Programs that do not replicate existing programs offered by CASE V, to include the annual conference
- Comprehensive budget including justification of the need for funding
- Identified need and desired outcomes including correlation to CASE International and District V priorities
The Venture Fund is:
Available for members from all District V institutions, large and small, urban and rural, public and private.
The Venture Fund is not:
A way to pay tuition for existing classes or participation in a program that just one CASE V member is attending.
What does CASE V expect from you?
- Grant winners are expected to file a final report detailing the use and impact of funds within 30 days of completion of the activity.
- This report will include the number of participants, names of participating institutions, an event summary, a final budget and all marketing materials.
- Grant payment will be made after receipt and review of the final report.
Contact the Chairman of the Venture Fund, Mike Hogan, 574-842-8233 or firstname.lastname@example.org