The 2017 CASE V Conference Committee is looking for advancement leaders to present at the conference December 10-12 at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Chicago, Illinois!
The conference will follow a unique outline in 2017, and you are encouraged to think on a broader scale for your proposal. Individuals attending the conference come with varying levels of experience, and the tracks will reflect those experiences. Options include:
- Advancement Fundamentals—this track will focus on the basic functions of the profession. For example, a session might focus on how to start a student alumni association. In general, this track will highlight issues facing those with up to five years experience in advancement.
- Critical Issues—this track takes a more comprehensive look at the important topics facing the profession. For example, a session might focus on the communication strategy needed to imbed an annual fund campaign into an existing alumni relations event. Think how the various units within advancement cross over and work together to achieve institutional priorities.
- Key Decision Makers—this track is for the vice president or executive director who makes top-level decisions within advancement. For example, a session may focus on staff recruitment and retention.
- Professional Development—this track is for all advancement professionals who want to expand and polish their professional skill-set. For example, a session might focus on dining etiquette when meeting with a prospective donor.
- Master Session—this track is a three-hour session offered on Sunday morning before the conference kicks off, to take a more in depth look at a topic in the higher education advancement industry.
The conference committee will look for sessions that incorporate perspectives from advancement services, alumni relations, communications and development. The most ideal proposal will highlight a blending of various units.
Session proposals are due by Monday, April 10, 2017. Please use this form to submit your idea. If you have questions, please contact programming contact, Jana Zollinger at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
Sharon Rice – CASE V Conference Chair (The College of Wooster)
Jana Zollinger- CASE V Program Chair (Western Michigan University)
Nancy Rampson – CASE V Operations Chair (University of Illinois-Urbana (Chicago office))