The awards are an opportunity for CASE to applaud and promote the work and contributions of our top educational executives. We invite nominations of chief executives whose contributions to their institutions and communities deserve exceptional notice and praise.
The District’s leadership will honor the recipients of the CASE V Chief Executive Leadership Award in December at the annual CASE V Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
Take a moment to review the award criteria herein and consider deserving nominees for this significant honor. Discuss the award with colleagues and with your trustees or governing board leaders. Nomination procedures are detailed herein.
The CASE V Chief Executive Leadership Awards are presented annually as follows:
- To the institution’s chief executive officer to include a president, chancellor, headmaster, system head or chief executive of a separately accredited CASE District V member institution (executives who have retired during the past year may be considered for the award).
- To qualify, nominees shall have demonstrated the ability to:
- Articulate a compelling vision for the institution and to have inspired others to that vision;
- Establish a positive image for the institution while leading it to higher levels of success;
- Increase the institution's stature in the community;
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking among employees; and
- Actively support all aspects of institutional advancement
Nominations for the Chief Executive Leadership Award must include:
- Completed nomination form with answers of one-page or less to the questions listed on the form.
- Nominee's current vita
- Short bio of 500 to 750 words
- jpg file of the nominee's headshot
Nominations must be received electronically.
To ensure that nomination materials are up-to-date and complete, we ask that campus leaders annually resubmit nomination packets, in their entirety, by the listed deadline. Send all nominations electronically no later than September 7, 2016.
The CEO award presentation will be made on December 13, 2016 at the CASE District V & VI Joint Conference closing luncheon in Chicago. The award recipient will be notified by October 1 and is expected to attend the event in person to receive the award.
- Dr. Robert L. Breuder, College of DuPage
- Jo Young Switzer, Manchester University
- Dale T. Knobel, Denison University
- C. Alvin "Al" Bowman, Illinois State University
- Matthew Derr, Antioch College
- David Sweet, president of Youngstown (Ohio) State University
- Rev. Robert Wild, Marquette University (Milwaukee)
- Michael Rao, President, Central Michigan University
- Dr. Alan Harre, President, Valparaiso University
- Sr. Mary Frances McLaughlin, President, Carmel Catholic High School
- Dr. Luis Proenza, President, The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio.
- Dr. Donna M. Carroll, President, Dominican University, River Forest, Ill.
- Jerry Sue Thornton, President, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio
- Nancy L. Zimpher, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Wis.
- Judith Bailey, President, Northern Michigan University Marquette, Mich.
- Samuel Hulbert, President, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Joseph Steger, President, University of Cincinnati
- Robert G. Bottoms, President, DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
- Sister Mary Andrew Matesich, President, Ohio Dominican College, Columbus, Ohio