1. Recruitment Activities: CASE V, with the support of its respective District Boards, is committed to providing an outstanding conference experience for all of its attendees. In keeping with this philosophy, activities involving the active recruitment of advancement professionals during the course of the CASE V conference will be governed by the following rules and regulations.
A. Educational institutions may participate in the CASE V conference as an EXHIBITOR or sponsor.
B. Independent professional consultants, who are not affiliated with specific colleges or universities and whose business is in whole or in part connected with advancement recruiting, may participate in the conference as a sponsor.
2. The application for space and formal notice of assignment and acceptance by CASE V Conference Committee, with full payment of rental charges, constitute a contract for the right to use this space. A link to the exhibitor show kits is included within your registration confirmation e-mail and is available on the conference web site.
3. Dates and Hours: Schedule for exhibitors
Sunday, December 14, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 PM
Monday, December 15, 2014 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 AM
Set-up: Sunday, December 14, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 PM
Tear Down: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
(Schedule subject to change without notice)
4. Installation and Dismantling: Installation may begin at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 14, 2014 and must be completed no later than 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 14, 2014. It is mutually agreed that it is the duty and responsibility of each EXHIBITOR to install his or her exhibit before the opening of the Exhibit Hall. Any space not claimed and occupied by 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 14, 2014 may be reassigned without refund of rental fee paid. The EXHIBITOR expressly agrees not to dismantle the exhibit or to do any packing before 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 unless previously authorized by CASE V Conference Committee. The Exhibit Hall must be cleared by 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 16, 2014. Labor to assist in erection, assembly, dismantling, packing, and unpacking of display can be arranged through GES, the official show decorator at 1-800-475-2098. All property is to be shipped to and from the official drayage company, GES National Service Center (SM) at 1-800-475-2098.
5. Use of Space: All demonstrations or other activities must be confined to the limits of the exhibit booth. EXHIBITORs shall not assign, share, or sublet any space allotted without the written consent of CASE V. No EXHIBITOR is permitted to show goods other than those manufactured or sold by the firm in the regular course of business. The EXHIBITOR shall not display or place any product, sign, partition, apparatus, shelving, or other construction that extends more than eight (8) feet above the floor or more than three (3) feet in depth from the back wall. No interference with the light or view of other EXHIBITORs will be permitted.
6. Irregular Canvassing: Distribution of circulars or promotional material may be made only within the booth assigned to the EXHIBITOR presenting the material and on the literature exchange table labeled EXHIBITOR/consultant materials. EXHIBITORs may NOT arrange with the Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers to have promotional materials mass distributed to guest rooms. EXHIBITORs wishing to have promotional materials mass distributed to guest rooms need to discuss their needs with the CASE V Conference planners.
7. Fire Protection: The Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers does not permit any flammable liquids or gases to be brought into Hotel and Travel. No open flame of any kind is permitted. All electrical apparatus must be UL. The Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers reserves the right to insist on the dismantling of any booth it deems as presenting a fire or safety risk.
8. Sound Devices: No sound-making equipment of any kind may be set up or used in exhibit booths without prior approval from CASE V.
9. Restrictions in Operation of Exhibits: CASE V reserves the right to restrict exhibits that because of noise, method of operation, materials, for any reasons, become objectionable, and also to prohibit or even evict any exhibit that in the opinion of the management may detract from the general character of the exhibition as a whole. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character that the management determines is objectionable to the exhibition. In the event of such restriction or eviction, CASE V is not liable for any refunds or rentals or other exhibit expenses.
10. Care of Building and Equipment: EXHIBITORs, or their guests, shall not injure or deface the walls or floors of the building, the booths, or the equipment of the booths. Nothing shall be posted on, tacked, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to columns, walls, floors, or other parts of the building or furniture. Distribution of promotional gummed stickers or labels is strictly prohibited. Any damage in connection herewith will be at the expense of the EXHIBITOR.
11. Failure to Pay Rental Fee: If an EXHIBITOR fails to make payments due hereunder when they are due, such EXHIBITOR'S rights to exhibit may be canceled by CASE V without further notice. CASE V shall be entitled to close an exhibit at any time for failure by an EXHIBITOR or any of his or her officers, agents, employees, or other representatives to perform, meet, or observe any term or condition set forth herein, and such EXHIBITOR shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of any fee.
12. Catastrophe: In the event that because of war, fire, strike, government regulation, publiccatastrophe, act of God (weather), or the public enemy or other cause, the Conference or any part thereof is prevented from being held, or is canceled by CASE V, the Council shall determine and refund to the EXHIBITOR a proportionate share of the balance of the aggregate exhibit fees received that remains after deducting expenses incurred by CASE V, but in no case shall the amount of the refund to the EXHIBITOR exceed the amount of the exhibit fee paid.
13. Liability and Insurance: CASE V, Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers, GES Exposition Services, or any officers or staff members do not maintain insurance, and will not be responsible for the safety of the property of the EXHIBITORs, including but not limited to claims from theft, damage by flood, fire, loss, or accident. It is the sole responsibility of EXHIBITORs to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance covering such losses by EXHIBITOR.
14. Indemnification: The EXHIBITOR will not, and waives his or her right to do so, make a claim or demand against CASE V, Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers, GES Exposition Services, or any of their employees, representatives, or agents, for any injury, including injury resulting in death, loss of or damage to property (including governmental charges, fines, and attorneys' fees) suffered or sustained by the EXHIBITOR or the EXHIBITOR's employees, representatives, agents, or invitees, or by any other person or corporation, which is based upon, arises out of, or is connected directly or indirectly with the EXHIBITOR'S installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy, or use thereof or with the exhibition premises or part thereof. The EXHIBITOR will indemnify and save harmless CASE V, Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers, GES Exposition Services, or any of their employees, representatives, or agents from and against any and all claims, demands, awards, including awards made under the Workmen's Compensation Act or similar legislation, actions, and proceedings by whomsoever made, brought, or prosecuted, and from and against any and all loss, damages, or expenses suffered or incurred by CASE V, Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers, GES Exposition Services, or any of their employees, representatives, or agents, and which are based upon, arise out of, or are connected directly or indirectly with the EXHIBITOR'S installation, removal, maintenance, or use thereof or with the exhibition premises or part thereof. The two preceding paragraphs will not apply to CASE V, Chicago Sheraton Hotel and Towers, GES Exposition Services, or any of their employees, representatives, or agents as the CASE V may be, when such claim, demand, or award is a result of its or their respective sole negligence.
15. Selection of Exhibitors: Only firms and organizations whose services or products are approximately related to the purpose of CASE V shall be permitted to exhibit. CASE V reserves the right to decline or prohibit any exhibit that in its judgment is inappropriate; this reservation being all-inclusive as to persons, things, printed matter, products, and conduct. Only two representatives, as listed on application, are permitted to attend program sessions and conference meal events. Should an EXHIBITOR or sponsor wish to register additional representatives, a registrant additional fee (noted on the current year’s website) will be levied.
16. Cancellations: Cancellations must be received in writing to be considered for refunds. Those received by Oct. 1, 2014 will be completely refunded, less the CASE deposit fee ($185). Partial refunds (50%) will be given until October 26, 2014. There will be no refunds after 3:00 p.m. (Central Time), on Friday, October 26, 2014.